Monday, December 18, 2006

A Parental Interlude





I think it's safe to say that not every Mother would travel half a world away to see their daughter. I think it's also unlikely that they would come to India (of all places) but as most of us know: my Mom is an exception to many rules.

My Mother (Mo, the Mo, Mobert, Mom, Mum, or Eddie) is spending a little over 3 weeks with me in Southern India. After a grueling 3 days of tic-tac-toe travel she's made it to Palolem beach to relax for a few days then venture away from the beautiful sands and waters into "real" India all the way down to the Southern most tip in the Province/State of Kerala. At least, that is the plan.

With the arrival of the Mo came a fresh supply of Western wonders! Purdy's chocolate! Oreo cookies! Toblerone! Sour keys! Multi-vitamins! Hair elastics! Hand sani! Zip-lock bags! ... I had an early Christmas and please, don't ever expect yours to be as good. You'll only be disappointed. Of course with all the new provisions, Mum also brought the gentle and incessant nagging only a Mother can (brush your teeth, wear sunscreen, wash your hands etc etc.)... I'm only kidding, I think she's really cute. I will now teach her the ways of India, the Indians, and how to not get sick in this overwhelmingly filthy but wonderful country.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Davies said...

Really now. Justina! I'm stuck here in cold/wet van and I can't even live through you because you're not BLOGGING! GAHHHH. You must be all up in the jew fros in Hampi ;) I went out last night DT and got lots of complements on my tan ;) MISS YA

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home