Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Horror








I woke up this morning, spidey sense tingling: something is terribly terribly wrong. Not only am I all alone in bed, sprawled like I've never sprawled before but somethings askew... somethings not quite right. I walked to the window and pulled the curtain. Looked up.

"WHAT. THE HELL. is THAT?" I asked aloud looking at the sky and pondering these white fluffy things floating around like it was there business to be there. "omg. Is that...a...a...cloud?". Seeing as I haven't seen rain since September or thought about the weather at all for that matter I almost had a heart attack right then and there. "Now now, don't panic" I told myself. "Just a few clouds is all". Well, I was optimistic in my thinking and headed out for breakfast and to the beach where I could still see the clouds looming. ew. A few hours of swimming and relaxing went by. I watched an enormous school? pod? group? party? of dolphins swim by with the occasional leap - there must have been as least 200 (not exaggerating) and with the passing of the dolphins I decided I'd had enough sun. And just in time too. As I walked up the steps of the beach I thought I felt a little wetness, just there, on my arm. I credited the overhead crow for good aim and waddled on. A minute later, another bulls eye? NO! NO! NO! It was a RAINDROP! The sky greyed over and more clouds rolled in and it began to "rain". Well, us Canucks wouldn't consider it rain per se but about 25 drops fell over 10 minutes. That was the big event for the day (you know, besides blogging).

I'm here on the North Cliff of Varkala beach where Mum spent her last days in India. She left me in tears yesterday for a long journey back home but only to be replaced by Cocky the cockroach. Cocky moved on in, uninvited I might add, as soon as Mum left. I had a gentle but stern talk with him about how he wasn't welcome to live with me and I would give him until I returned from dinner to pack up and move on out. He didn't heed the advice and instead relocated from the ceiling to the bathroom where his life almost ended in violence but I managed, after much strategising, to get him out unharmed. Now I'm all alone and missing Mom but not Cocky. Varkala is a hippy-resorty place where yoga, rekki, auyrvaedic healing, healthy eating and an all natural way of life is all the rage. Put this together with the view and it makes for the most expensive spot in India thus far but probably worth hanging out in and healing all my India woes like grubby feet and bad tan lines (sigh). I managed to find a little room at "Santaclause Resort" (yes, it's actually called Santaclause Resort. These Indians are very creative) where a tiny but nice room goes for 500rps. Now I'm waiting like a sitting duck for Aaron to arrive on Thursday. Next stop: La La Land.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Davies said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Laura Davies said...

La La? Hehe!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Laura Davies said...

ps. I can't believe the Hongers are still hanging on! Best cheap asian purchase ever! (except Katies bingbong which i saw in action at whistler...) And love the new addition to your outfit.... Hot Purged Cargo Pants!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm... now, how does this all work? Can I sign in and make inane comments using my gmail account? Maybe - lets try it.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, that wasn't too hard; and it works too.

Now,I just want to say that this is a BRILLIANT blog, and, it's a daily MUST READ for me. But then, being JL's dad, I could be a tad biased!

Anyway sweetheart, goferit!

3:37 AM  
Blogger Laura Davies said...

justice!!!!!!!!!!!!! where is the blogging!

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home